Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavillion. Today i did all the recommended windows 10 updates on the update page, after my laptop reset i had no sound. When i went to troubleshoot, it couldn't find a soloution. I went to the drivers page, and my default sound driver has been removed. I searched for a driver option and none came up. I have gone to the hp support app, it says my laptop sound is working fine, it is not. It failed all the tests. I went to the hp website to find the original driver, it says it doesn;t recognise my windows OS, therefore, not allowing me to access the sound drivers it usually provides. I spoke/typed to the automated hp support assistant, i tried all the things, nothing has helped.  All i need is the DRIVER DOWNLOAD, why is it soo hard for HP to provide this??? 

I need the default audio driver file to download manually on my laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I forgot to add, i also tried to recover the sound by unistalling windows latest quality updates and unistall latest feature updates. 

edit: i have also gone to the system information page, under sound, its blank. i have never seen that before. 

HP PAVILION LAPTOP 14-ce3xxx

OS microsoft windows 10 home

HP Recommended

Hi @SAMcNally,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing no sound issue with your Laptop.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

If the above link does not help, click on this link for advanced troubleshooting for sound.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

So far, everything that was suggested in the advanced troubleshooting, except BIOS manual udate and factory reset, because i was hoping to avoid these. I will keep you updated on the progress or in this case, none progress. 

Like i said before, its as though the audio driver was never installed.   It only recognises my wireless bluetooth speaker box and headphones and has set them to default. 

To note, this is the second time a windows update has caused major issues with my PC, I am getting fed up with these inconveniences. 

HP Recommended

Hi @SAMcNally,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to uninstall the recent updates and pause the windows updates for a few weeks.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.