Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think the mic used to work, but not anymore.

The internal mic does not work.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CiqRyan, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried connecting an external mic and check if that works?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the lower right corner of the taskbar.
  • Select recording devices > Headset Mic option
  • Then tap the Lid near the top gently several times next to where the webcam is located and check if the microphone bars respond to the taps and receive inputs.
  • If they do then it should work with a driver uninstall and reinstall.
  • Please make sure that the headset Mic is set to default and enabled in properties option.

If the issue persists, re-install the audio/sound drivers

• Go to device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Check the box that says delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer for the driver to be reinstalled automatically.

Refer to this document for more info.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

internal mic still not working!

HP Recommended

@CiqRyan I suggest you test if the microphone works using the Windows Voice Recorder:

Use Voice Recorder to find out if the computer can record a signal from the microphone and play it back. Use the following steps to create an audio file:

1. Plug the microphone into the computer.

2. In Windows 10, search for and open Voice Recorder.

The recorder opens.

Figure : Voice Recorder window

Voice Recorder window
  3. Click the microphone icon to start the recording. Then, speak into the microphone.

4. When finished recording, click Stop Recording in the center of the blue circle.

Figure : Stop recording

Stop recording
  5. Right-click Recording, then select Open file location.

Figure : Open file location

Open file location

The recording is automatically saved to Sound recordings in your Documents folder.

Figure : Sound recordings folder

Sound recordings folder
  6. Double-click the filename of your recording. When the Groove Music app opens, click the Play icon ( ) to listen to the recording.

Figure : Groove Music App

Groove Music App

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

nope!

still not working!

getting angry now.

HP Recommended

@CiqRyan If you've gone through the entire set of steps mentioned in the article from the link I shared below and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options,

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.