Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I don't know if this is related, but I had my laptop play a very loud and shrieking static sound every time I would start my pc. Even if I restarted or shut it down, the noise would consistently play every time I opened it. I searched answers on this thread and it had helped me figure out the solution so I want to share how I was able to fix this:

> Open Control Panel

> Click Hardware and Sounds

> Open B & O Play Audio Control (in my case my laptop was B&O supported)

> Click Default settings in the app

> Fixed!

My only issue right now is how to get my headset's microphone working but at least it's way less of a problem than shrieking noise. Hope this answer helps anyone with the same problem in the future!

HP Recommended

Kyrri, here is a video on how to enable headphones. https://youtu.be/UTekSmZPofA

I'm glad you found solution for static nosie. I muted my microphones, all they are good for is people listening in on ones personal life. Hope the video helps? Regards!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.