Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is brand new. the mic was working before but just recently I was not heard by people in my google meet even if the mic is on and the same with messenger.There was no problem before.I tried to use an earphone, then it worked. I cannot use the mic anymore without plugging in earphones.I usually don't want to wear earphones when on google meet and messenger.How can I make my mic work without using earphones?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@irenemendevil

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

product name: HP PAVILION 14

Product number: 9MT10PA

HP Recommended

I have a few steps to help you out:

The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Click Troubleshooting.

3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.

NOTE: 

Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.

4. The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.

5. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.

7. If the problem persists, continue to the next step.

We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:

1. Open Settings from your start menu.
  2. Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
  3. Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
  4. Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
  5. Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
  6. Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
  7. Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.

If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.

1. Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
  2. Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
  3. Left-click on your recording device.
  4. In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
  5. delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.