Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-21-2020 12:27 AM - edited 07-21-2020 07:09 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
my laptop is brand new. the mic was working before but just recently I was not heard by people in my google meet even if the mic is on and the same with messenger.There was no problem before.I tried to use an earphone, then it worked. I cannot use the mic anymore without plugging in earphones.I usually don't want to wear earphones when on google meet and messenger.How can I make my mic work without using earphones?
3 REPLIES 3
07-23-2020 11:21 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:
Click here for steps on finding the information we need!
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
I am an HP Employee
08-04-2020 03:44 PM
I have a few steps to help you out:
The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.
Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.
The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:
- Open Settings from your start menu.
- Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
- Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
- Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
- Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.
If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.
- Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
- Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
- Left-click on your recording device.
- In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
- delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community