Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-03-2019 04:42 AM
My microphone does not work properly. Whenever i talked to on skype, zoom, gtm or any other application, my voice breaks. I tried uninstall the sound driver and installed it again from HP but it does not solve the problem. I removed the driver from device manager and restarted system to auto detect default windws driver but it again did not solve the issue. Any one can help me?
01-04-2019 12:47 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I read the post regarding the internal microphone not working. I will be glad to assist you with this. You've done some smart troubleshooting and provided a splendid account of the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you try the tap test in audio settings for the headset microphone?
- Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?
Have you confirmed the Microphone is listed under device manager?
Did you try an external microphone to check if that works?
For a start please try these steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the lower right corner of the taskbar.
- Then please select recording devices. Please select the Headset Mic option
- Then tap the Lid near the top gently several times next to where the webcam is located and check if the microphone bars respond to the taps and receive inputs.
- If they do then it should work with a driver uninstall and reinstall.
- Please make sure that the headset Mic is set to default and enabled in properties option.
Then please perform these steps from device manager.
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Check the box that says delete the software for this device.
- Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
Then check if this does the trick for you.
If the issue continues, then check if the internal Microphone is working and perform all the relevant steps from this link: HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎 to troubleshoot the issue Then check if it gets resolved.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee
01-09-2019 04:39 AM
I did all these steps but issue is not resolved. Every time when windows is updated, it starts happening. My windows updated to v1803 but there's no sound driver available on HP driver portal for this update. The latest sound driver version avaialble on HP is v1709. I think that's the issue. You have to provide updated sourd driver for this new windows update.
01-09-2019 09:13 AM
I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.
I recommend you download and install HP support assistant from the below link and it will automatically download and install all the latest drivers available for your computer.
Also, I recommend you try using the Windows built-in sound driver and check whether the issue is resolved.
Here is how it is done.
- Type Device Manager in the search box and press Enter.
- Locate sound driver by clicking the drop-down arrow to expand one of the categories.
- Right-click on the installed driver and then select Properties.
- Under the display driver properties window, select the Driver tab.
- Select Uninstall and check the box for Delete the driver software for this device.
- Select OK.
- The system may require a reboot at this point. Reboot if needed, then reopen Device Manager.
- Select any device, then click the Scan for hardware changes button to reinstall a compatible driver for your device.
- Wait for the installation to complete, and then restart you device if prompted.
Follow the below steps to install all the updates.
Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Perform any other update management actions as needed.
Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.
Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.
Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
01-14-2019 06:37 AM
I have already installed the HP Support Assistant on my pc and all drivers are up to date. The issue is HP did not update their sound driver for windows updated version v1803, it still have old version for v1709.
Please provide updated sound card drivers and let me know the sound drivers manufacturer website from where i can can download the lastest driver.
01-14-2019 04:30 PM
Thank you for getting back to us,
After reviewing the post thoroughly, I understand you tried to download the drivers using HP support assistant as well as from our HP support website and unfortunately the updated one shows as Conexant High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver (Windows 10 v1709).
This is the latest driver available on our HP support website. If you wish you can download the latest drivers from Conexant website but we're not sure if that's going to work as it's not tested on your HP Product.
HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.
I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance, I'll be more than happy to help you.
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee