Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Same issue is discussed in another thread, same prob, same timing, same fix awaited...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Microphone-Only-Picking-Up-White-Noise/m-p/7548813/high...

HP Recommended

Thanks for this thread people.

Same issue here!

HP Recommended

We just had the same issue also start. Can hear fine, but static is very loud on anything using the microphone. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for this thread.  My kids have 3 chromebooks that they are using for all of their school work and every single one is doing this ! 
I hope they have a fix soon.  Where can we complain more to get some attention?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I have to mute my microphone when I am on Zoom or team meetings. The static is horrible. I have also been using screencastify to make videos for my students but now there is just static which is horrible because it was perfect before this week! This seems to be a problem related to an update. I am hoping that the problem is resolved.

HP Recommended

try plugging in headphones or ear buds, it seems to cut the static.  You can still divert sound back to speaker by selecting that option by the head phone symbol ( bottom right and corner where the batter level is.

HP Recommended

I bought an HP Chromebook just yesterday for video conferencing and nobody can hear me because of the static sound. Is there any way to be updated when a solution has been found? 

HP Recommended

Just bought the HP chromebook for my daughter to complete schooling online. Mic worked fine at first, then a few days later, it stopped operating correctly; tons of annoying static, which has prevented her from participating in class discussions. This is saddening, given this is a brand new device. Resolution needs to be communicated to us customers, immediately. This is unacceptable. 

HP Recommended

We have 2 Chromebook 11s. They developed this issue within 24 hours of each other. The headset with mic work-around helped for 1 day. Now it is static only even using the headset with mic. Tried hardware reset and OS reset. Customer service acknowledges that many HP Chromebooks are having this issue right now, but I would have to send it away for 4 weeks to be looked at, possibly serviced, and returned. That means both of our kids will have no devices for school for a month! But it is clearly not a hardware issue, so that seems ridiculous. This is our 1st HP computer and will likely be our last. 

HP Recommended

I also bought two of these for kids to do homework. Just finished on the phone with HP and am not happy. I personally own 4 HP devices and at work we have about 300 PC. I know they can send an at home tech to do the repairs instead of sending it in. They could do it from inside their vehicle. Being without for at least 2 to 4 weeks is not acceptable. Maybe just finding a replacement and getting a different one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.