Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP probook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have trouble shooted this to death, and I'm sure it is something simple that I just don't see. Please help ...

I have used logitech  headset off an on WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS for at least a year.  When unplugged, my computer sound comes out of the realtek speakers. I use the taskbar icon which lets me control the sound. 

However,  this week quite by accident I discovered I was not getting sound. I used the logitech headset  on a zoom meeting last week and it seemed I was able to test and it worked on the earphones, but then at the end, the sound was coming out of the computer speakers. I just unplujgged the earphones and did not think anything of it. 

THUS FAR I have:

Checked all the drivers in the sound settings they say to check that are associated with the speakers, Realtek Speakers and the microphone. There are Realtek mic and another mic, I checked both. I don't know why there would be two mic options.

i also went through the settings and enabled everything to come through the realtek speakers in the pc. There were about three, both speakers and mic

I rebooted, but Nothing of this helped.

I called Logitech and it is very hard to get past the accents. I did open the sound on the task bar icon, and I saw THREE options, one speaker for the logitech earphones, one speaker for the realtek speakers and a headphone icon. The default was set to the handset but I had them on, i had to it is the only way to hear anything. 

I changed the default to the realtek speakers, 

and tested over and over but NO SOUND. When I plugged in the headset, I got sound -- through the headset. So my sound and speakers are working, it is just not coming out of the pc.

I want my speakers to work properly, though the pc, the realtek speakers. I can see when I test the ripples that show there should be sound, but there is no sound.

I am at a loss what to do next. 

Has anyone had these problem? If so, what do you recommend? Is there a way I can call HP for help? It says the drivers are all up to date but maybe it is something in the bios? I can follow instructions on how to fix that.

I don't know what happened, what caused this unless it was someone trying to hack into the zoom meeting. I have no idea who would do that but don't put anything past people.

Does HP offer online help? This is software issues they ought to have info on this, what to try and do. Is there a way to call HP? 

thanks I appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @mrg553 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information about the computer. This is not sensitive data.

It is allowed to publish it in public.

or

press [windows key] + r

( run command )

msinfo32

copy / paste the System SKU value and BIOS Version/Date value

msinfo32msinfo32

HP Recommended

how about having this actually help people. it needs to shjow how to get that.

FURTHERMORE, THE **bleep** LINK IN THE EMAIL DOENS'T WORK. SO WIHT LL THE INFO IN THE WORLD, YUOU CAN'T PROVIDE IT BECAUSE NONE OF THE LINKS WORK. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU EPOPLE?

HP USED TO BE AGREAT COMPANY NOW IT IS **bleep**. IT TOOK DAYS BEFORE HEARIN GANYTHING FORM THE SO CALLED COMMUNITY AND THAT IS UNHEARD OF.

THEN ONLY ONE PERSON AND NOT HELP BUT ASKING FOR SOEMTHING THAT SEEMS RATHER OBSCURE. WHY WOULD ONE NEED TO KNOW THIS? EITHER YOU NEED DRIVERS OR NOT AND WHERE DO YOU GEET THEM? I HAVE BEEEN ON THIS SITE AND YHOU CAN SEE ALL THIS **bleep** BBUT NOTHING NOT A **bleep** THING TO TELL YOU WHICH IS APPROPRIATE TO DOWNLOA.D 

SONY PROVIDES PHONE HELP, EMAIL HELP FOR A LONG LONG TIME AND IT IS FREE.

AND IF YOUR ITEM IS VERY OLD, THEY WILL OFFER THEIR WEBSITE AND EMAIL YOU BAKC WHERE TO LOOK. 

YOU SUCK HP.

NEVER WILL I BUY AN HP AGAIN. THIS IS MY THIRD NOTEBOOK AND THEY WERE ALL EXPENSEIVE. I SPENT NO LESS THAN THREE HOURS ONLINE OVER THE COURSE OF TWO WEEKS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG I HAVE TESTED EVERYTHING I HAVE CHECKED EVERY **bleep** THING I IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY NOTEBOOK AT I CAN ONLY HEEAR SOUND VIA THE HEADSET AND I NEVER USED TEM BUT FOR SHORT PERIODS IN LIMITED SITUATIONS.

I CANNOT FATHOM THIS FRIGGING COMPANY CANNOT DO BETTER PROVIDING HELP. IF HYOU NEED MORE REALTEK DRIVERS WHERE DOES ONE GET THEM HERE? THIS ISA AN HP PROBOOK.

YOU PEOPLE SUCK.

NOBODY EVEN RESPONDS FRO THE COMMUNITY UNTIL AFTER DAYS. THAT IS UNHEARD OF. AND ONE PERSON NOBODY LISTS ANY THING TO JUST FIX IT. IO LISTED EVERY **bleep** THING I WENT THROUGH ALREADY EVERY **bleep** SETTING IS AS IT SHOULD BE EVERY **bleep** TEST ETC. IS DONE ALL THE THINGS ARE AS THEY SHOULD BE.

I SEE THE SOUND WAVES COMING OUT OF THE **bleep** ICONS BUT THEY ASK DID YOU HEAR THIS AND OF COURSE NO NO N NO I AM NOT HEARING IT. 

WHY DO YOU NOT RECOMMEND BETTER HEADSETS IF THIESE LOGITECH ARE GIVNG PROBLEMS BY FAILING TO RETURN TO THE COMPUTER AUDIO AND MIC? I WANT TO SCREAM. I HNAD TO LISTEN AND WATCH A VIDEO AND OF COURSE I COULD NOT.

HP Recommended

THERE AR ENO  OPTIONS TO "ROLLBACK "THE DRIVERS IN THE DEVICE MANAGER. UNDER THE MAIN THING YHOU SAID TO LOOK FOR, THER EI NO OPTIONAT ALL FOR WHAT TO DO WITH ANY DRIVERS AND THE ROLLBACK DRIVERS IS GRAYED OUT.

UI ALSO HAVE DONE THE NEXT THING IN YOUR LIST, I HAVE SET EVERYHING ON THE CORRECT SETTING.

I HAVE ALREADY SET EVERYHING TO DEFAULT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.