Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
1 REPLY 1
02-28-2020 03:28 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the audio issue.
To better assist you -
1.) Were there any recent changes made to the computer?
2.) Have you tried connecting the computer to an external speaker or through headphones?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -
1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -
1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
If the issue still persists, try testing the hardware -
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the audio test.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community