Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

audio is not working. when i take pointer towards the audio symbol in task bar, it reads "no audio output device is installed". pls help me fix this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or was your system shipped with it?  If you can provide system information I will be able to better assist you.

In general, if you upgraded you might look for updated drivers on www.hp.com/go/support in support and drivers to see if a new audio driver is available.

I'm an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or was your system shipped with it?  If you can provide system information I will be able to better assist you.

In general, if you upgraded you might look for updated drivers on www.hp.com/go/support in support and drivers to see if a new audio driver is available.

I'm an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I'm an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi. Thank you . Mine is a Hp j-110tx laptop. Yes I did upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 a few months back. But It was all perfect until this evening. Since my laptop was performing slow off late, I just reset the entire system . After that only I'm having this problem.
HP Recommended

Upgraded to Window 10 on my HP desktop and my audio was working. after a while it stopped work. Saying no audio device are install

HP Recommended

i have the same problem and im not sure if my computer came with windows 10 or if it was later reinstalled. i dont know which audio device to reinstall.

HP Recommended

The windows 10 October 2018 update has once again caused the error for audio not working in several pc's. not only for hp but other brands too. here is how to fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed error In Windows 10

It should also be noted that windows have temporarily paused the new update rollout. also do not try using the solutions provided on internet as it may create additional problems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.