Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP laptop 28K70EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Good evening to you all. In my HP laptop 28K70EA stereo mix is missing; I have tried various solutions (for example, driver update but not supported). I'm an italian teacher; I need it because during remote lessons to school students (at present in Italy 90% of lessons are by remote causa Covid 19) 
I usually show videos ( for example from YouTube, etc, ) but without stereo mixer they don't hear the audio
of the videos on my pc.
Windows 10 edition: Windows 10 Home 20H2
B
uild operating system: 19042.867
Realtek driver audio version: 6.0.8924.1
Also there is no HP Audio Control software.
How can this be solved? Thanks

P.S. I own another HP laptop,15-da0xxx,in which stereo mixing is present; the audio driver version is 6.0.9025.1
Here's HP Audio Control software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Ok now but why is stereo mix missing?

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@Cristiano25

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ok now but why is stereo mix missing?
HP Recommended

This seems to be part of the latest update. The Stereo mix feature must have been removed by the manufacturer

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there an alternative? I am a teacher and I need to have my pupils listen to the audio of a video on my PC or DVD.

HP Recommended

You could try using 3rd party Apps

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Which third-party apps can you recommend to me?

HP Recommended
Are updated Realtek drivers available for download from the manufacturer's website? Or updates from HP to fix this soon?

HP Recommended

Hi@Cristiano25, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps Audio issue 

To resolve this issue, download and install the SoftPaq or update the audio driver in Device Manager.

Option 1: Download and install the SoftPaq to update the audio driver:

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset, and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Option 2: Update the audio driver in Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand Sound video and game controllers.
  3. Right-click on Realtek Audio Device.
  4. Select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Solution 1

failed to extract cab

Solution 2

The driver in use is the updated one

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.