cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Rudisantos
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

"No speakers or headphones are plugged in" issue, "No audio devices installed" - Omen Laptop 15ce i5

HP Recommended
Omen Laptop 15ce
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings.

I own a Omen laptop and i was cleaning it of wrongly installed programs on my Windows (C:) that is my SSD memory, to later re-install them on DATA (D:) (which is where i have my terabyte). So i don't know if i may have deleted anything important. I was carefull to only unnistall programs that i knew about. Only thing i didnt know and unnistalled anyway was a Candy Crush, assumed it was some sort of game.

Later on i put a video and audio is not working, i went throught all the updates from HP Support Assistant, restarted and still

nothing. These are my computer info:

windows properties.png

On sound control pannel it says: "No audio devices are installed"

dasdad.png

I searched for that problem and found this guide and tried following it but it told me to open the Device Manager, type: devmgmt.msc, then go to: Sound, video and game controllers and then select: Realtek Audio. In order to re-install the drivers or update them but then i got stuck as there's no Realtek Audio file there. This is what i have:

device manager.png

What should i do from this point on?

I am a student in Fine-Arts Drawing and currently learning animation on aftereffects and other 2d programs and i desperatly need to fix this issue. Anyway, sorry for the long post, i tried to clarify the issue as best as i could.
Have a nice day and thank you for reading this. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,015 92,677 21,299 28,614
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this recent document from HP is of help to you...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06166393

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this recent document from HP is of help to you...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06166393

View solution in original post

Rudisantos
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it worked straight away, that was very helpful! Thank you so much. Cheers!

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation