cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

"We cannot find your microphone"

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx delivery day before yesterday (23/10/2020), and I have been noticing problem, that I assume is manufacturing defect - regarding the microphone

It says "Microphone is disabled", but i have cross-checked in system settings, and says microphone is enabled. I've literally tried everything in my reach, but got nothing fruitful. This is a very important requirement for me, who is supposed to attend online meets and classes.

After everything I tried since daybefore yesterday, I assume this to be a manufacturing defect.

I hope to get a suitable remedy for this as soon as possible.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,371 88,256 11,272 24,215
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Captain_syagni 

What is your gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx  ? For example

HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-dk0049tx 

Did you upgrade/downgrade your machine ? Please try

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105562.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Then test Input sound from settings.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien

- Laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0268tx

- My laptop is brand new, so I dont intend to upgrade/downgrade right now and risk warranty loss.

I uninstalled the realtek sound driver, and installed the .exe file as directed, and there is no change about the microphone :(( Its still not working

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation