Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a single audio jack in my pc ,when i connect external mic in audio jack it did not connect after that i tried to open realtek audio manager to change settings but it did not open now i updated my audio driver but it still not opening  please let me know how i can open my audio manager

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gurjar667 Welcome to HP Community!

try reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio driver via Device Manager. Here’s what you need to do.

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
  2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to access Device Manager.
  3. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers entry.
  4. Right-click on your Realtek device, then select Uninstall device.
  5. Restart your PC, and Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.

If many users are reporting the same issue, Microsoft may launch a system update to help solve the problem. So, you can also try checking for Windows updates to sort out your issue. 

1. Type update in the Windows search box, then select Check for updates or Windows update.
  2. Click Check for updates in the pop-up window.
  3. Install all identified updates to troubleshoot the issue.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.