11-15-2019 07:06 PM
I am recording a video with a screen recorder and the microphone on LapTop is recording outside sounds also onto the new recording.
How can I mute the microphone on the laptop and still record the sound on the video I am screen recording. I have turned off the microphone on the laptop but the sound of the playing video is not recorded.
11-18-2019 03:27 PM
@art297 Welcome to HP Community!
Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option:
- Double-click on the Realtek HD Audio manager system tray icon
- Click on small folder icon
- Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked.
- Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer.
- If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel.
- If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box.
If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for you audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee