Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thankyou for the suggestion.. I've double checked and there are no effects turned on that I can see 🙂 

HP Recommended

@stupink,

In this scenario, I would suggest you could try to run the test on the audio from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thankyou, I have not seen that diagnostic page before. I ran the test and its all successful.

Something new I have discovered, when windows device audio graph isolation is hogging resources, I don't need to restart the computer (and sometimes it is not effective even if I do).. I can just use task manager, hit delete on it and the process re-loads itself and goes back to using about 0.7-1.5% not 30% resources.

I have also tried disabling "hey cortana" as I have read other having issue with that.

Im now unsure if its a hardware issue, or an audio driver issue, or a windows issue.. hopefully we can find a solution, if not I can see myself having to wipe the operating system and start again.

HP Recommended

@stupink,

Let's try to perform a system reset on the PC.

You may follow the steps suggested in this support document for  - HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

For some reason, if this does not help then I would suggest you could try to use HP Cloud Recovery Tool which allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive.

If this option does not work then you can follow this link: HP PCs - Obtaining PC Recovery USB Drives or Discs Or else you may contact our HP support team to help you order a set of recovery media for your PC.

HP support team can be reached on this link

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks to all for the time/replies.

Sadly I did end up having to reset the laptop.. the first HP reset did not work as windows was really unstable, so I reset again using the other option which removed all HP software also... this reset worked really well, and the computer has since been stable since i've reinstalled all drivers etc.. No sign so far of the problem re-occurring and cpu usage is nice and low after numerous hibernations 🙂

HP Recommended

@stupink,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sadly the problem has not gone away.. It has re-occurred now on this fresh install..     

Any further suggestions I can try or any way I can further hunt down the problem?

It's the same as before, hibernate too many times.. and audio just doesn't work.. the troubleshooter cannot get it to work, but yet a reboot and audio is back again for ages.

HP Recommended

@stupink

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I purchased through PC world, so I guess i'll have to take it back there.. but last time I took a HP back there it came back just as faulty with all the wrong size screws in it etc..  I'll see what they say.. but not sure I want to give them the laptop.

HP Recommended

I understand. Do contact the Support Team in any case 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.