Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Volume of my laptop is most of the time goes  very low even though I keep it full 100%. Its only some time I would say around 5% of time of my total usage it is loud enough and I have to keep my laptop volume that time to around 35-50 range. 

I have checked updating all drivers of Realtek Audio and it says its up to date.

Even when I tried to fix the audio issue through HP Support Assistant it runs diagnostics and comes back as everything is working ok. But actual sound output is not increasing.

What can I do to improve this sound? and to remain it consistent with proper audible sound level. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MukundN,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MukundN,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with inconsistent audio volume on your HP laptop despite having the volume set to maximum. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to address this problem.

• Check Volume Mixer Settings: Sometimes, individual application volume settings can affect overall system volume. Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar, select "Open Volume Mixer," and ensure that all volume sliders are set to an appropriate level.
  • Disable Audio Enhancements: Sometimes, audio enhancements can cause issues with volume levels. Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar, select "Sounds," go to the "Playback" tab, right-click on your audio device, select "Properties," go to the "Enhancements" tab, and check "Disable all enhancements."
  • Update Audio Drivers: Even if Realtek Audio drivers appear up to date, it's worth manually downloading and installing the latest drivers from the HP website. Sometimes, Windows Update doesn't catch the latest drivers.
  • Check Power Management Settings: Windows might be reducing the volume to save power. Go to "Control Panel" > "Hardware and Sound" > "Power Options" > "Change plan settings" (for your selected power plan) > "Change advanced power settings" > "Multimedia settings" > "When sharing media" and set it to "Allow the computer to sleep." Also, check "Power Management" in Device Manager for your audio device and ensure that the option to allow Windows to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.
  • Run Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in audio troubleshooter that might identify and fix common audio issues. Go to "Settings" > "Update & Security" > "Troubleshoot" > "Playing Audio" and run the troubleshooter.
  • Check for Background Applications: Sometimes, background applications can interfere with audio settings. Close unnecessary applications and check if the issue persists.
  • Reset Audio Settings: You can reset the audio settings to default by going to "Control Panel" > "Hardware and Sound" > "Sound" > "Playback" tab, right-clicking on your audio device, and selecting "Properties." In the "Advanced" tab, click on "Restore Defaults."
  • External Speakers or Headphones: If possible, try using external speakers or headphones to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with the laptop's internal speakers.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hey Alden4,

Just wanted to follow up on my quest to fix my low volume of laptop speakers. I tried all the suggestions that were shared, but unfortunately, the speaker volume is still on the quiet side.

On the bright side, using headphones works perfectly! Since I use headphones for most of my calls anyway, this isn't a terrible workaround. The separate volume control on the headphones lets me crank things up even when the laptop volume is maxed out.

Ideally, I'd get the speaker issue resolved, but for now, I'm back in business thanks to my trusty headphones. If anyone has any other ideas to fix the speakers, I'm all ears (or should I say, eyes?). Otherwise, I'll just have to rock the headphones for a while.

Thanks again for all the help!

HP Recommended

Hi @MukundN,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.