Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 14-Dh0004la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

My 2-in-1 HP Pavilion x360 14-dh0004la laptop shuts down for no reason when I rotate the screen back from tablet mode to desktop mode. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes this happens. I have executed the HP Support Assistant to update my system with no results, and I can't perform a system restore on the computer back to the date when the computer was working fine. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me! 

Edit: curiously, when the problem happens and I turn the laptop on again, the HP Pen Control app configuration panel always pops up.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Camilo05

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please check in the BIOS and let me know if you face the same issue when rotating the screen

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @KrazyToad. My BIOS version is F.11. What would be the steps I should follow?

HP Recommended

I mean boot the Notebook to BIOS first

Shut down the Notebook and upon restarting keep tapping on F10 Key till you enter the BIOS. 

Then try rotating the screen and check if the Notebook shuts down in the BIOS

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad, I entered the BIOS, rotated my screen and the laptop still turned off.

HP Recommended

Since the issue persists in BIOS, this is a Hardware problem

Please contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.