Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
608 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello everyone,

I recently got my hands on a 608 g1 without an operating system on it.

So I tried to install windows from a USB drive, only the tablet will not detect it. Its not in the list of boot devices.

When booting up the tablet I get:

"Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2    System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Steps I have taken so far (all from the BIOS):

-Disable USB boot and re-enable it

-Disable SecureBoot

-Check bios version (its the latest already)

-Change the boot order to boot from USB

-Try a different USB drive

-Restore all BIOS settings to default

-Press F2

All to no avail.

There are no boot devices available upon pressing F9. The list is empty.

The previous owner sold it to me with the note that it would not install windows from a USB drive because some drivers were missing, but after he tried Secure Erase it would not detect any USB devices anymore.

If anyone has any clue what I could be missing, let me know! Otherwise the tablet seems to function fine, so I'm inclined to think it is a software issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.