Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilian ze4900
A buddy gave me a laptop...hasn't used it in. Long time because it needed a charger. I bought a charger & pluged it up & the cmos flashed for a sec asking if I wanted to change boot order or enter setup..then went to a black screen. I can only see anything on the screen when I hit esc & being the cmos up. Unfortunately it's password protected... after 3 tries I got system is locked [13020] what do I do? Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that code didn't work.

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to try this code...

avwalqt

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if entering this unlock passcode works for you...

kkxanjg

HP Recommended
No sir. After three try's it gave the same number as before
HP Recommended

Sorry that code didn't work.

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to try this code...

avwalqt

HP Recommended
Well that unlocked the bios. But as soon as the press escape to change the boot order & so on the screen goes grey...if I hit f8 it won't load either. The message it's giving me is "Window could not start because the following file is missing or corrupted. <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe please reinstall a copy of the file.
HP Recommended
I have to tell you I'm stumped...got in the bios & changed the password....but it still doesn't do anything when you turn it on...grey screen. I've run two scans on the harddrive through tbs bios utility if you keep hammering on f8 it will bring up the safe mode options & no matter what optiom you pick if goes to fbs geeg
HP Recommended

Sounds to me like you need to reinstall the operating system.

HP Recommended
Yeah, unfortunately on my computer that works I only have flash drives....no CD burner...so I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to get it to boot so I can download windows ten
HP Recommended

I will be very surprised if the hardware that old PC has will be able to run W10.

I don't believe W10 will even install on that machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.