Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When the computer turns on it was going to a blue screen that required the Admin or Power On password.  I followed the instructions I found to fix this on YouTube which meant clicking Enter 4 times until the system locked and provided a code (79474704).  I was hen instructed to go to BiosBug.com and enter the code.  I was then going to receive a new code that would be input into the Admin Password or Power On Password box and turn off the password.

Unfortunately, the code provided at BiosBug.com does not work on my laptop, so now it is permanently disabled.  I can't even get to the bios to try to fix the issue there.

Any ideas how to get beyond the password box and into the BIOS so I can try to defuse the password?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.