Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to set up my laptop to turn on automatically. I tried checking the BIOS, but I couldn't find the advanced options in InsydeH20. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@BrigitteL 

There are few ways under Windows 10. Please try

https://windowsreport.com/schedule-automatic-shutdown-windows-10/

Some apps also allow you to shutdown your machine when the task completed. For example some download software you can tell it to shut down your machine when complete and you can go to bed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

I don't need to schedule shutdown, I need to schedule the laptop to turn on at a specified time.

Any idea?

HP Recommended

@BrigitteL 

Sorry, can you see Power Management option in BIOS, you can use that option to turn on machine. Normally vendors lock BIOS and we don't have much choice because playing around with BIOS is the shortest way to brick a machine and vendors don't want this, specially during warranty period.

The simplest way probably using Cortana. Please scroll down to section Schedule Computer to Auto-Start with Task Scheduler  of the following guide.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/how-to-set-windows-10-computer-to-auto-start-on-a-schedule.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi  @Banhien,

I tried the Task Scheduler option, but it didn't work.

If I could I would use the BIOS option, but unfortunately, the BIOS version my laptop has, InsydeH20, doesn't have the option to schedule auto turn on. There are no advanced options in the BIOS (I think it's locked from the manufacturer).

Do you know any other solution, if there's one? Or should I just give up?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.