Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 cs3019nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

after having read up and down the internet for months (literally) I've come to the official place to get an answer.

Now, I already know what the official HP response is: you can't access it. Fair enough. Thing is, I USED to access it in earlier BIOS versions (F.10/11 if I recall correctly), whereas with the new F.12 and F.14 there's no way.

As of last year I could press f9 to get in the boot menu, then Ctrl+f1 and finally f10, and there it was.

My issue is that the last time I accessed it I set Power Plan 2 to get more battery life, but now I'd like to revert this and a few other things I changed. But I can't. For some obscure reason loading setup defaults and recovering the BIOS using Win+V, while effectively recovering it, doesn't change the Power Plan and the other stuff.

So my question is, since I refuse to believe HP completely removed the feature and only changed the key combination, how does, for example, a technician get into the Advanced BIOS?

Since warranty has already run out I think my last resort is to mod the actual BIOS files

Anyhow, sorry for the long read and thanks in advance for any response!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI@Borgo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

I understand that you're unable to update the BIOS HP Notebook 15ac116tx  and it needs to download one by one and needs to restart the computer to make sure the Adapter or Charger needs to be connected,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.