Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Mini 110
Microsoft Windows XP

Just started up my computer after not having a charger for quite awhile, and it starts up on a black screen stating "Enter CURRENT Password"

I've went through previous post's and tried all the password and tips, which did not work. 

Is there a different password I can try, or anything else I can try on this? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this unlock passcode works...the next to the last character on the right is the number zero.

e9lofvxn0z

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this unlock passcode works...the next to the last character on the right is the number zero.

e9lofvxn0z

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I went into BIOS and turned off the admin and power password which had been activated! 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.