Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy X2

I have a HP Envy X2 that has stopped working because of Windows 10 update.   I'm trying to get into my bios but it asks for a password which I don't know.  After failing I get a code of 69533954  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dbswifty 

Sorry, but by Community policy, we are no longer allowed to provide any assistance with password reset or recovery.

Here is the HP Policy: Participation:
4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

For BIOS and Power-On password resets, read this HP thread: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06368824.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

To reply that this isn't supported is ridiculous.  I called the support line and they couldn't help and said to ask in the forum.  The product is obsolete.  I saw someone help with this last year.

HP Recommended

@dbswifty

Final notice: 

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.