cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

BIOS UPDATE FAILED, UNABLE TO OPEN SIGNATURE FILE, BIOS RECOVERY FAILED STUCK AT INITIALIZING

HP Recommended
HP 14-ck0008nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my HP Notebook. It stucks on Bios Update that prevents windows to start up. It Says " Bios Update failed, unable to open bios signature file". 

I already try downloading Bios Recovery F.58 and flash it using my flash drive following the steps given from HP support Assistant. 

But when I plug the USB, it beeps then the HP BIOS UPDATE SCREEN Appear "Initializing" then boot again and again..

I really don't know how to solve this. Please Help me.. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 3
44 40 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

R u able to boot ur laptop  to windows?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No. Because even I press F keys. boot menu dosn't display.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
44 40 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i think ur bios has been bricked . only help is that go to the hp customer support shops they will reprogram ur rom. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation