Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue with this file.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95066.exe

I have also tried older versions of the bios files for this laptop product below all of the bios versions also crash and fail to install on a USB drive.

HP 14-Df0023cl Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Can someone please run this program and provide me with the bios files copied to the USB drive.
A bios update yesterday bricked my computer and I need these files to recover the bios via the USB recovery method per:
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem.  I tried to run SP95066 on 3 non HP computers and it would not run.  I then found someone with an HP laptop (different model) and I was able to make a recovery USB stick and recover my laptop.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I also had a 14-df0023cl from Costco.  A normal MS update made it a door stop. I traded it in for a new one under Costco's 90-day return/exchange policy. Brought home a new one and the same MS update killed that one too.

Like others, I've applied significant due diligence to restore it and the SP5066 BIOS will not install on a USB from any of 4 different computers in our home.  One is an HP desktop, but it is AMD based.  I suspect the tool checks to make sure the PC is an HP and secondly that it is Intel-based.  While that sounds like a rational safety precaution, it disables people from restoring dead laptops unless that have another with similar specs that still works.  HP is charging over $50 for a prepared USB.  I'm not throwing more money at this bad situation.

I'll look into this  little longer, however the current plan is to return this laptop too and obtain a different brand.  Microsoft needs to test the software they're funneling to people fairly using their update their systems to keep them up-to-date and fresh.  HP needs to design their computers to better comply with something a basic as Microsoft updates... and not make it so difficult for semi-advanced users to restore their systems themselves. Of course it is really hard to get these companies to care until after they see a lot of returns.

HP Recommended

I contacted HP chat support knowing that it would be difficult to explain to low level support... and it was.  They kept having me try things that requires a BIOS to be working.  I tried to explain that and they persisted with F2, F11 and F10 tapping experiments.  Finally she said a technician would call, which he did from India.  I repeated everything again and again, I was asked to experiment with F?? tapping.  I explained that I'd be happy to create a USB-based bios boot, but none of the computers I had would run the program beyond the disclaimer window.  I asked him to send me the USB to prevent me from returning the computer instead buying a different brand. He said there was no such thing (in spite of the fact HP offers one online for $50+).  He said there was nothing else he could do other than ask me to send the computer in for repair.  I said "How about saying you will pass along this situation to HP Corp?" 

"Oh, yes", he says, "That is what I was going to do next."

Computer going back on Saturday.  Costco takes better care of their customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.