Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am not running BIOS on a different computer but I am trying to install BIOS on an external USB on a working laptop.  Check your documentation and the link that you provided.  How do you expect to install BIOS on external USB from the broken laptop?  This is very frustrating.  Documentation is wrong and not clear at all.

When I execute the exe to install BIOS on a USB on a working laptop, as per the instructions from the document - http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 - Step 2: Creating the BIOS recovery media

I get the message InsydeFlash mentioned earlier. I am expecting HP System BIOS Update Utility that never happens.

Please help as this is very frustrating.  Can you try to execute the exe to install BIOS on external USB and see if you can do it.  Can someone please try this as this not going to take anytime to see.

Thanks

HP Recommended

The HP insydeflash utility to creat a flash USB for BIOS update only works on HP's computers.  However, when your BIOS have problem, you cannot boot your computer and obivously you need to use another computer to run this utility, and which is most likely not a HP computer!!!!!  That's why we all encounter this problem!!!

Finally, i found the solution in this youtube: https://youtu.be/O2W6FZ64dmI

Follow the instruction on the youtube to extract the bios file.  Then use the HP's UEFI interface to flash it.  You may need to create a UEFI flash usb and copy the bios files to the flash usb.

It spent me a whole day to figure it out!  I hope it can help the others!

HP - COMPAQ bios file utility for laptop repair technician Download insydeflash from telegram https://t.me/ariesdownload/17
HP Recommended

Hello Kevin, thanks for information you've provided. I'm on the same situation and can't find any solution and the only one with seems helps is yours.. I'm stuck on final step, I was able to extract de bios file but I'm not able to create the booteable usb... I've downloaded the UEFI Interface but I'm not sure where put the files, tried different folders but still with no result. Could you please explaine with more details on this part?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Marco_ROwrote:

Hello Kevin, thanks for information you've provided. I'm on the same situation and can't find any solution and the only one with seems helps is yours.. I'm stuck on final step, I was able to extract de bios file but I'm not able to create the booteable usb... I've downloaded the UEFI Interface but I'm not sure where put the files, tried different folders but still with no result. Could you please explaine with more details on this part?

Thank you.

I just click the UEFI installation file and it will copy the files to the  USB.  The USB is NOT bootable.  You need to click F2 in the boot screen and select UEFI.  It will then load the files in the USB and enter the UEFI menu.  In the UEFI menu, you can select the bios file for update.  Below is my screen when installing UEFI.

Untitled.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.