prowinner02
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

BIOS not letting me boot up from USB

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc111na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned on my computer last night to find that it was on a black screen, only displaying the HP logo and 'Preparing Automatic Repair'. I've been stuck on this for a while. I have tried every key on the Startup Menu, Startup Recovery (F11) sends me back to automatic repair. In System Diagnostics, everything came back as fine? I made a Media Creation USB to custom install Windows 10 and get my computer back - to no prevail. I enabled Legacy, and suddenly in Boot Manager, there were two USB options. One worked, and showed me the blue screen to install Windows. Great! Went to install, nope. The USB wasn't in the same format as the drive. I downloaded an ISO file onto the USB as instructed by a Microsoft agent, formatted, plugged in. Only for the computer to display some dotted lines across the screen. I've been sent here by a Microsoft Agent, as it seems to be a BIOS issue- it's not letting me boot from the USB so I'm just wondering if anyone knew what to do here? Thanks 🙂

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation