Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP G61-401SA Notebook PC System
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

CMOS battery ok CR2032 3v 2 pin - removed and press 30 sec powerkey then put batery back System Model HP G61 Notebook PC HP G61-401SA Notebook PC System Type X86-based PC System SKU VY438EA#ABU , BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.20, 13/10/2009 SMBIOS Version 2.4 , laptop screen does not work but used external screeen, it is working
booting, normally but unable to see bios F10 or ESC to select USB boot etc - HP site have no drivers available, is there any other method I can
correct boot screen and BIOS screen visible on external screen.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe you need to actual detach the panel from the notebook (remove display cable (and/or inverter cable in old notebooks))

Now the Bios should be visible on the external monitor.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up fro thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thanks, it was working on Ext-Scrn last I used to install SSD 1 yr back,  but few day back I thought I do Backup image with boot USB but no luck, chrome-browser crashed due to many web-pages loaded msg failed memory not written, I restar all ok  in W8 pro, but boot to seee BIOS F10 or ESc no luck blindly return to come out and normal boot blank screen on externalscr.

Laptoip screen was not working over 3 yrs sometime  little visible then dark.

Seems disable cable bit difficult but wait think?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.