Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen

Please I need to use my computer.

Again, I had my laptop with a BIOS password but I used the HP tool to update the BIOS, since then the BIOS password isn't working and I havent been able to access my laptop.

How can I contact HP for this issue? Its unbelievable that after a normal BIOS update through the official page, my password is changed, I cant use my computer and I cant contact tech support because the warranty ended 1 month ago.

Do I have to pay for the care package of HP so I can take it to tech and use my very expensive brick or any other service?

I have all the papers and recepits to claim that im the owner of the laptop ! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@paul_alexander 

Sorry -- but none of that matters -- as it is HP's policy to NOT do BIOS password resets. period.

HP's policy is to replace motherboards, and that is a very expensive thing to have done.  So contacting support would not have provided you any help, as the also do not do BIOS password resets.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.