Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15aw017no

Hi.

I run a BIOS update and it failed and the computer hanged during update.

After that the computer is totally black. The fan goes on, but no lights at all. Tried the tips to get in to the Recovery mode, but can't even that. (Win+B)

Is it just to through it in to the trash 😞

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Mårten

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I believe the BIOS has a major bug.

Makes the fan go on after sleep. This is terrible. I should  have known better never update the BIOS!!! I believe this was not tested properly and now they will cause many people to lose their data.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.