Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-1204ef Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have a laptop Pavilion dv7 1204ef  AMD powered Product name NG358EA.

I know this old product is no longer supported by HP.

I have upgraded from Vista to Windows10 and it works fine until I got a black screen Caps and Numeric keys Blinking.

I am trying to get a softwatre to create a USB key to flash a système BIOS image  on the mother Card.

I look for F.49 Rev and the software Installshield must be able to run on Windows10 on another computer to create an USB key.

Could you , please,  said me where i can find  this software?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for the dv7-12xx model series since it is more than 10 years old.

The model series was never supported by HP for W8, 8.1 or W10, so you will not find any drivers or BIOS updates for W10.

This reputable 3rd party website has the F.49 BIOS update you are looking for, but it was written to be run using Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Update the BIOS using W10 at your own risk.

BIOS pour HP Pavilion dv7-1204ef (driverscollection.com)

HP Recommended

I have already downloaded the HP pavilion dv7 bios F49 from The DriverCoillection .

The package is  sp45071.

I got an error loading Driver.

--- Log started: 12/16/22 15:38:21
Initializing...
Log file : C:\SwSetup\sp45071\InsydeFlash.Log
Settings file : C:\SwSetup\sp45071\platform.ini (found)
Executable : C:\SwSetup\sp45071\InsydeFlash.exe
Version : 3.7.2.0 Build : InsydeFlash
Date : Tue Aug 04 18:50:52 2009
Resource file : C:\SwSetup\sp45071\iscflash.dll (loaded)
App name : InsydesFlash
OS Information : Microsoft Vista - supported

Preparation stage

Error code : 1703(0x00001703)
Cleanup stageStage completed
--- Log stopped: 12/16/22 15:38:27

As you said,  because insydeflash must  be run on Vista.

But I got some files as 30FCF49.fd it could be the bios file but I d'ont know what files to put on a cdrom to boot on.

Claude1231_0-1671639351784.png

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to make a bootable BIOS CD from the Windows based BIOS flash.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.