Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@AB22, Thanks for your response and time.

Appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Refer this article to know how to find the serial number and product number of your laptop.

To get the part number of the battery you have to remove the battery from the battery compartment and battery part number should be imprinted on the battery.

What happens when you turn on your PC only with the adapter? Does your notebook turn on?

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think I've found them:
CT: 6ECNN04JQ7B232

PCID: 0975100000405F10000620180

It works fine turning on wih the adapter plugged in (I have'nt really thought about that but I will try to see if there is any difference with start up if the adapter is used or not).
It feels like once the screen goes black, the only thing to do is a hard reset. I can often hear that the computer is still running but the screen wont show it. Sometimes after the reset everything is where I left it, other times its like a normal startup with everyting lost.

HP Recommended

@AB22, Thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for sharing the details.

I need the spare part number for the battery which is right above or below the CT number.

Also, please provide the product number of your laptop for better assistance.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sure!

Spare part nr: 756743-001
Product nr: J4Z51EA#UUW

HP Recommended

@AB22

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The Riddle_Decipher is back 😉

I reviewed your post and using the product number you've shared,
I've got this BIOS update that should resolve your concern once installed: Click here

However, if the issue persists the only other thing you could do, is Contact HP to set up a service to either replace the battery or the charger port as there could be a short circuit within the port causing the issue:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I shall try the new update and see what happens, otherwise I'll try the service option.
Thank you all for your help!
Regards

Isak

HP Recommended

@AB22

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for,

And I'm sure the issue will be taken care off once the defective hardware is either repaired or replaced.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.