Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 g1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was updating the bios but when the process was goind it suddenly stop responding from keyboard and touchpad even in usb , so i forced t to shutdown but after restarting it turn on with power,mute and wifi button tights on then it follows by blinks on numlock and capslock keypad , i tried to create the recovery on usb and try to boot by pressing windows+b key but it wont boot on recovery but it also seems keyboard and usb ports are not working , does anyone know how to fix t please.

Nb: i didnt notice it was updating the idm on background 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@lucasswai 

Any time you FORCE a shutdown during a BIOS update, you're going to corrupt the PC and turn it into an "electric brick"!

The only way I know to restore a BIOS is the Windows+b trick and that restores from a copy of the BIOS code.

If that does not work, there is no way I know to restore the working PC other than to pay a fortune to have it disassembled and have the BIOS chip replaced -- if that is even possible.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The problem is the keyboard  so i cant press win+b is there anyway to make the keyboard work , and i have a chip for another hp (not the same model and alredy programed for another pc can i use that and reflash with the correct bios or i have to buy the tool and reprogram this one currently dead 

HP Recommended

@lucasswai 

Apart from replacing the keyboard, I know of no way to do that -- as plugging in a keyboard will not work, since it won't probably be seen until Windows loads the drivers, and that is way too late in the boot process to do you any good.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you i found a better way to deal with that im going to buy a min bios chip programmer very cheap and use it to format and reprogram it ,i choose that because i think on of my desktop has the same problem so instead of using my money to buy new chip and replace its better to buy the tool to repair all ,thanks for your supportThis is the pic of the toolThis is the pic of the tool

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.