Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15g dr0006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. So recently I purchased an m.2 Nvme SSD for my hp Pavilion 15g dr0006tx & installed it in the empty m.2 slot. I initialized it & cloned my system + recovery partitions to the drive. Now when I'm trying to change the boot option to the SSD from BIOS menu, I can't find the SSD listed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

That seems to be a common issue with several different HP notebook model series.

When you order a notebook from HP with a dual drive configuration, the 2.5" drive is empty, and the SSD has the operating system on it.

So what you have on your hands is a notebook with two operating systems on two drives.

For whatever reason the notebook will always boot from the 2.5" drive first, and since there is no option to change the boot order, you end up where you are now.

This is what I recommend you do...

Temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive and make sure the notebook boots, and works fine from your cloned SSD.

If it does, you will need to clean the 2.5" drive using diskpart and use it for storage.

Then your notebook should automatically boot from your new M.2 SSD.

HP Recommended

Hi,

So the issue is resolved now. I had to deactivate the safe boot option & activate the legacy boot option & tried restarting a couple of times till my SSD magically appeared in the boot menu. Wasted no time to boot from it & format the original HDD Windows partition.

So no idea what made this happen but finally I can breathe easy now. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi:

Glad you were able to sort it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.