Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello please help me i have a hp elitebook 8570w laptop bought from a person who works in a company i bought it from him he also did not set this bios password and he also bought this laptop from someone else now the bios is password protected.....

I need help to remove this bios password it is very important i neeed to enable virtualization for virtual machine but it is disabled

please help me to remove this password either through smc bin file or by any other tricks i searched whole web but did not get solution for my model please help.PLEASE.

UUID-C4925AE36B2DE311B072C899E502E069

Serial Number-[Personal Information Removed]

please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Anonymous12343 

HP no longer distributes the SMC.BIN files -- and there are no tricks to bypass a BIOS password because, if there were, there would be no point in setting one, now would there!

Also, we are not allowed to assist in bypassing passwords and HP does not do BIOS password resets.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anonymous12343 

HP no longer distributes the SMC.BIN files -- and there are no tricks to bypass a BIOS password because, if there were, there would be no point in setting one, now would there!

Also, we are not allowed to assist in bypassing passwords and HP does not do BIOS password resets.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.