Madrigal
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios not saving configuration changes

Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello guys, my laptop hp ProBook 4530s seems to have a serious Bios issue I haven't been able to resolve. It cannot save changes made to the Bios configuration. When I try to save the changes and exit, it just freezes. The only change it saves is the date and time if the CMOS battery is removed/replaced.

I have tried the following without success:

- removed the CMOS battery and placed it back (screen freezes after loading default configuration. After turning off and back on the HP logo screen also freezes. I had to use F10 key to change date and time);

- removed the HDD, formatted it and made a dedicated FAT32 HP_TOOLS partition on it, to have access to the hp diagnostic tools (after this, the Diagnostic tools are working again through in the Bios);

- pressed Win key+ B/v to try to recover/update the Bios (caps lock start to blink continuously, fan speeds up, but no beeps, no utility screen, nothing);

-replace memory sticks, put them in different bays (same outcome. Bios not saving changes)

- Put a Bios update in a usb flashdrive (cannot boot to the flashdrive, neither through win+B, nor F9 boot options.

This have left me out of resources, I cant think of anything else, except that the Bios chip might be the culprit itself. I need you guys to help me out with this. THANKS in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation