Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion M6 1041-er
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello! Can you help me? My laptop had an older bios version, and i have updated it to F36 rev.A (latest). And it was surprising that in options became UEFI mode. I have installed os in uefi mode. But now, its working not very well when i turning on legacy support for booting from usb stick with mbr. I was reloading bios a few times, trying to set boot order to usb stick. Accidentally pushed f11 button - recovery mode, and before this mode was loaded i rebooted laptop again. Now its not booting. When i i turn on it - appearing "press esc for startup menu" and nothing happens. If i pushing esc - he trying to enter setup endlessly with message esc...pause startup. How can i flash bios? Recovery mode (win+b + power 3 sec) gives me a black screen (totally turned off) and blinking caps lock led. 😞 Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paulyy2 I'm afraid this means the device requires a repair at an HP service center and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Paulyy2 Welcome to HP Forums!

I have a few steps to help you out:

Here's all you need to know about recovering your BIOS (last known working version) - Click here for details

If the above doesn't work, I'll need the sequence of the capslock light blinks so that I could identify exactly what's wrong and help you accordingly.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!Thank you for the quick response! I tried to make recovery stick with latest bios version for my laptop, but it have the same behavior as without stick inserted. At first, it have a slow fan speed and trying to read flash, then fan speed accelerating, and nothing happens. Just caps lock led blinks one time between 2 seconds. 

HP Recommended

https://yadi.sk/i/ifVl4BPzvdxhMQ i don't know the rules - but this is video how i try to flash bios. This is russian cloud disk by yandex.ru (ya disk)

HP Recommended

@Paulyy2 I'm afraid this means the device requires a repair at an HP service center and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.