Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 445 G7 Notebook PC

Hi

I have an HP ProBook 445 G7 (AMD R5-4500U) laptop that did not update the bios, I always uploaded the latest version after a new version was released, the version on which my laptop worked was 01.16.00 Rev.A 02/2024, so I uploaded 01.17. 00 Rev. A 05/2024. Flash BIOS has three sequences, the process restarts three times, the first part was done, then I only had a black screen. I can turn on the laptop, the fan blows, it spins, I tried to connect the laptop to an external monitor, but without success, nothing appears on the screen. After removing the RAM 2x8GB DDR 4, the notebook for example beeps loudly, you can hear the speaker, so I assume that the motherboard is alive, it detects that it has no RAM.
I also tried the procedure with a USB flash drive with bios loaded. Through the WIN+B keys, but the recovery bios does not appear on the screen.
I also tried clear CMOS, disconnecting the cmos battery and the main battery.

Product

HP ProBook 445 G7
12X15EA
[Personal Information Removed]

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-probook-445-g7-notebook-pc/32764491

Thank you very much for all the valuable advice 

Martin Košice Slovakia
Please, do you have experience with this? Maybe I didn't do a step somewhere, or I forgot something.

martin.zrnik
35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

This is not good but the fact that the system beeped when you removed the memory indicates part of the bios is working

There is a video here for how to do the bios recovery but you may have tried it already.

Download the 1.16 bios here using another computer and select the option to create a USB flash drive

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp151001-151500/sp151405.exe

Use a flash drive that had an LED so you can tell if it is working

BeemerBiker_0-1716710762759.png

instructions are at the very bottom of this page

HP Desktop PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) | HP® Support

Alternately

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313556096668

-or-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364874477101

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi, have the same series of laptop and never had an issue with updates. HP Assistant app indicated Bios update as needed in red shading and updated. After going through many steps screen went blank for ages and never came back.  Tried various recovery options including USB with no luck.  Removing memory,  swapping slot etc no difference and no beeps! Is there an issue with this version?

Does this laptop have SureStart or whatever it is called? Only ever had one issue decades ago with Bios upgrades not working and thought technology had solved risk.

Any other ideas on possible fix and it's this an HP firmware issue?

Thanks

Ross

HP Recommended

We're experiencing the exact same issue at our company.

I believe we've encountered more than 20 instances of 'dead' computers following the 01.17 BIOS update, and the count is still rising.

Even when attempting BIOS recovery with version 01.16, there's no change. The fans ramp up, just as they do without the USB recovery disk, and there's no discernible progress.

HP Recommended

We have same issue on 9 unit for now ! We are waiting an answer from HP business support.

HP Recommended

Jepp. same issue. Waiting on respond from HP.. 

Number of "Dead" machines rising.. 

HP Recommended

Same issue here. 

I updated the last bios and then my laptop is not working anymore. I tried several times to do windows key + B and nothing happened. Remove CMOS battery and same issue. 

HP Recommended

I'm glad I didn't screw anything up in the process, which I've done several times since I've had the laptop and I'm not a beginner. I just got lost. I would like HP to be fair about this and make amends for this mistake, for everyone who was affected, because it damaged our devices. Well thank you.

martin.zrnik
HP Recommended

Everyone will need to complain about this else nothing will be done

Click here for world-wide contact info

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended
I have the same error. I called support and because it was not under warranty they referred me to a service center. That's not right HP!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.