7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bios update fail caps lock and num lock flashing black screen

HP Recommended
elitebook 8560
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Guys,

i got a message to my laptop this morning thru my hp support software on my laptop pop up in the right corner that i need to update my Bios, wireless and Ethernet card so i click ok and got thru the update.

But now the laptop is dead and it tries to start but just flashing caps lok and num lock 5 times

i have tried with holding in win key and B keys when starting up, nothing only things that happens with that is the fan starts and runs for 30 sec and then laptops turns off.

i have also removed battery and remove ram card and inserted again and now when i turn on the laptop caps lock and numlock is flashing 5 times but pc dont turn off for aprox 4min and fan is running but black screen?

should i try to get  a recovery Bios on usb key?

i am following the steps here  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to get a recover bios to a usb key.

i add usb to my laptop with my bios recovery inside but still nothing happens,

i am not sure if the Recovery USB flash drive, has been made properly. these are the files that installed on my usb when i Run the hp exe file sp55072

68SVD.BIN
EROMPAQ.Application
EROMPAQ.zip
gpl2.txt

Any ideas anyone?

Warm regards S

very worried 

Steven65_0-1587571028074.png

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation