Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was about to shut down my laptop and got a message of "update and shutdown". I did so without checking what the update was all about. As I pressed the power button the other day, I got a message that my bios is corrupted and needs a power connection for update. the laptop simply went into the hp bios update thing and started updating on its own. I am not getting any other option apart from this,

It shows "the system bios is being recovered

First it wrote new image then started  verifying new bios image. The whole process takes couple of minutes and eventually fails in the end with error message " verification of flashed bios image failed". This keeps on repeating until I forcefully shutdown by long pressing the power button.

Now, I am not sure whether this issue is bcz of my fault or bcz of the update or some other hardware related issue. 

Any kind of information would be helpful.thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.