Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14 (J8C26PA#UUF)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
After rebooting/restarting my laptop.
it would proceed to screen with logo then buffer (Which is the normal step), But afterwards that, a black screen appears wherein with the brand logo but the buffering dots will keep rotating for almost half an hour, then screen itself will just stuck to blank screen with no display whatsoever yet the mouse cursur is displayed and can be hovered.. and it stays like that for hours and hours and hours...

This happened after my laptop receive a notification stating (Graphics Device Driver Erro Code 43). My laptop has two graphic drivers, Intel Graphocs HD and Nvidia GeForce. The Nvidia receive the error. So I searched online for solutions. I tried one stating.

(Go to Drive Control Panel, look for the Nvidia Driver, then right click choose uninstall, then right click on my Laptop icon then click scan for hardware changes. Then it was stated that the driver was suppose to reappear yet it didn't.. I got nervous so I stumble upon that my laptop has a HP Program regarding reinstalling Drivers I opened it and choose to reinstall the Nvidia Driver. Then when a notification came up stating that driver install complete please restart your device. And I did.. and that's where it all began and the blank screen where there is no display except for the mouse arrow cursor that can be hovered... please help...
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@NightAshburn

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an  HP 14-r025tx Notebook PC and post a notification stating (Graphics Device Driver Erro Code 43), the laptop does not boot into Windows desktop. You can see the initial buffering dots and then the screen is blank with only the pointer on it. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please perform a system restore on the laptop by following the steps from this video: http://hp.care/2dyQdhU. You may restore the laptop to a previous date when everything worked fine.
  • If the issue still persists then you could perform the steps as describe din this link: http://hp.care/2i3R9iw

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Sir thanks for the help.

I already tried the 1st step. And it always results in System Restore can't be completed.

And as for the 2nd step, I'll try it after the completion on the System Extensive Test. But I kinda doubful about this Test cause it's been going on for 8hrs and a half now. And there os a (Completed Iterations = 4) and the number increases evrytime progress bar hits 100% afterwards it goes back again to 0% and restarting the Test on it's own
HP Recommended

@NightAshburn

You are welcome. 🙂

The system test should not take this long. I suggest you to abort the test and try running the test using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• You may run the hard drive test.
  • Once the hard drive test finishes, try running the Video test. 

Video - This test includes 3 tests of the video hardware on your computer. Select one of the following tests, then click Run Once.

• Video Memory Fast Check - 3 minute video memory test

• Video Memory Check - 20 minute memory test

• Palette Check - 1 minute test of the three video color components. Follow the on-screen instructions during the test.

• Run the test only once for all the above tests.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
@MKazi

Sir,

I did what you suggested above, and all test came out as PASSED.

Afterwards when I exited the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic (UEFI) Main Menu.

Screen shows: Repairing Disk Drive it may take a few hours. Then with white dots circling in the bottom middle.

Afterwards it proceed to start up where HP logo appears then after loading still back to black/blank screen with the white dots circling like a buffer in the bottom middle, while the mouse pointer can be hovered. And it's still doing it for a few hours, then the circling white dots disappears but the display is still blank/black where mouse pointer is the only thing that can be seen and hovered..
HP Recommended
@MKazi

Sir,

I tried booting it up by enabling safe mode with the use of command prompt, and it booted up to desktop display. So basically I manage to my desktop files.

But when i restarted it again and disable safe mode through command prompt and continued to windows.. It all started all over again with the blank screen and buffering white dots..
HP Recommended

@NightAshburn

Thank you for replying with the results. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

I suggest you to run the hard drive test once from the UEFI diagnostics. If the hard drive test passes then you may perform a BIOS recovery using the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2bXONjA.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks again! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.