Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba053nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Really new computer. Have had it for about a month now.

I was updating some amd drivers and downloading a program from my browser when suddenly my screen went completely black.

I waited 5 minutes and nothing happened.

After that, I turned it off and on again multiple times but it's still giving me a black screen after the hp logo appears.

I removed the battery for about 5 mins and put it back on. Same thing happened.

I need this laptop for college and it's the only one I have.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally:

https://youtu.be/pb57DNM2OKw

Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot .

On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options .

On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore .

Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

The System Restore window opens.
Click Next .

Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next .

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally:

https://youtu.be/pb57DNM2OKw

Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot .

On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options .

On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore .

Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

The System Restore window opens.
Click Next .

Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next .

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
Thanks Visruth. It worked and I have access to my laptop again!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome 🙂

Glad to help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.