Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
BS179TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received a notification for bios update last Friday on 01/02/2019. I downloaded and did the update today afternoon 05/02/2019 through hp support assistant.

The downloading was fine untill it aksed for restart. When restarted the computer was updating it's bios, but it dint startup after that. I contacted the support helpline and theythey sta a case. And also  asked me to send me the invoice bill. And I mailed the invoice copy then. now I have received a mail saying that the case is closed. My warranty expired on 13/01/2019 but iam wondering what to do now.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @JowinWinson 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

• Where is the computer at the moment - is it with you ?
  • Was it ever shipped to HP for repair or service ?
  • Where are you located at the moment (country, city) ?
  • Have you tried contacting HP Support back to ask them directly why was the case closed (marked as closed) ?

Looking forward to your reply

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

If the computer is with you and if it still experiences these issues, note that HP has an official article on these matters , make sure you check it out and perform all the steps mentioned there >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have given the laptop for service in an authorized service center. Iam from Coimbatore Tamil Nadu.

It was not shipped anywhere I just gave the laptop for aervser Myself.

I haven't tried calling anyone I don't why the case was closed still.

HP Recommended

Given the fact that the PC is now  not with you, let's wait for the service center technicians. Hopefully they will be able to fix it for you in a prompt manner. If the case with them has been closed, you need to reach to them directly to get an update.

HP Recommended

I have received a Quote from the hp service center which shows a amount of 34 K where as I brought the laptop one year ago for 48k. Iam worried and don't know what to do. I brought this laptop for this price with lot of difficulty. Now I can spend a 34 thousand again on this.....

Iam sure the bois has failed by it's own I did it from a authorized source. Now I have to pay 34k just for updating my laptops bios... 

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing me with this update, @JowinWinson 

So sorry to hear that. I am unable to comment on the specifics but I have asked HP internally to review your case. You may be contacted here in private in the following days.

HP Recommended

@JowinWinson

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.