Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15

Black screen no beeping f12 lit and cap locks blink slow 1 blink

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ray168

Thank you for replying and mentioning the model no. (HP 15-f033wm Notebook).

The results point towards an internal failure. If the caps lock light is blinking once every few seconds then it could the CPU as rightly pointed by you. 

I recommend you to contact our HP phone support to check the available service options for your laptop. 

Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@Ray168

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP 15 series laptop and it does not boot to Windows. The display is black and the caps lock light blinks (1 blink after a few seconds). 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any hardware changes take place on the laptop recently?
  • Did any software changes or updates happen?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please perform the steps mentioned under "Step 1: Recover the BIOS using a key press combination" from this HP document

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Removed battery ,ac plug,held power 15 sec with no luck
Tried to restore by key with no luck
Model number is 15- f033wm
HP Recommended
HP trouble shooting guide says cap locks 1 blink is cpu not functional
This machine was purchased 18 months ago and only worked for 13 of them
HP Recommended

@Ray168

Thank you for replying and mentioning the model no. (HP 15-f033wm Notebook).

The results point towards an internal failure. If the caps lock light is blinking once every few seconds then it could the CPU as rightly pointed by you. 

I recommend you to contact our HP phone support to check the available service options for your laptop. 

Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended
I could be able to do BIOS recovery using key combination, and i can hear the series of beeps but the screen is just black, nothing showing.
HP Recommended

This is my model: HP Pavilion 14-v054ca Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

My problem was that every time I went to turn on my laptop, the fan would turn on, the screen would remain black and my caps lock button would blink (white light) twice. It would be long blinks with pauses in between.  For weeks this progressively worsened to the point where I would have to try multiple times to turn it on. For example - pressing the windows key + B or V keys at the same time while pressing the power button, pressing the power button and the shift or caps lock, F7 or F10 at the same time.... And no luck. FINALLY I downloaded the BIOS update "F.56 Rev.A." and now my laptop will turn on every time it's restarting / rebooting or is turned on in general.

I've seen this solution before and how it hasn't worked for everyone. Luckily, it worked for me. I really hope HP finds more alternatives for people and that there's some stability or consistency in these solutions. 

HP Recommended

Hi MbaliAleh,

try plugging out the battery and playing in the power cable, then turn in the computer and hold ESC till the screen comes on( repeat this till it works. IIhad to do it more that 20 times to get it to boot to the bios) if screen comes on use F9 for boot menu or F10 for bios.

Make sure bios has been updated. You could Also try taking out the drive, just untill you get it running and work your way from there. 

In my case I had a spare drive that I installed win 10 to and installed a bios update. Then i rebooted till a few times(till screen came back on) till I managed to get it to do bios  update to install. It worked a bit better but not 100%. 

So I installed windows on another drive and will have a look tomorrow if it worked. 

I'm still convinced it is the bios battery or a mainboard issue.

HP Recommended

This totally helped me..My caps were blowing 3 times and I took out battery and unplug a/c and help power 15 seconds...It worked...M back in business!! Thank You soooo much!

HP Recommended

Check if the ram is properly inserted and power it on if it doesn't work try reinserting the ram properly else contact HP Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.