Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14-ck0000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. My laptop, a HP 14-ck0000 Laptop PC has had frequent issues with a black screen and being unable to start up. The ‘black screen of death,’ as I’ve learnt it is called, has happened about 5 times in the past 2 months. The computer/the fans will hum and the ‘on’ light will come on, as well as the caps lock light blinking. The screen however stays completely black. Each time I tried the BIOS startup method and a normal reset method many, many times, and finally one would work, without rhyme nor reason. However, this time it has gone on for days, with no method working. It does not have a removable battery, and due to the pandemic I cannot take it to a repair shop. I am a student working from home and this is unacceptable in a product that is less than 2 years old. Can anyone help with other methods to boot the laptop not listed online, or give a reason as to why it is happening so frequently?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please record the amount of times the caps lock light blinks, or how many times it beeps. It means that there is a post failure, or something's wrong. I can analyze what it means.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.