05-24-2016 08:08 AM
My wife has a Pavvillion 13-s128nr. When turning on the machine you get a black screen. The power light is on but nothing shows up...totally black. I rebooted the machine a few times same result. I left the machine on to drain the battery. Plugged it back in and restrted it same issue. We bought the machine in November 2015. What are my options with getting this back and running.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-25-2016 07:59 AM
Please find steps that i shared below;
- Unplug all usb devices,battery and power cord.
- Press and Hold "Power Button" for 30 sec.
- After that, Plug battery and power cord in again.
- Power on again and check status of your device.
If problem persist, Most probably your device has bios corruption issue.
Please find steps that i shared about bios rollback below;
- Turn off the computer.
- Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
- With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
- Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
- The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.