Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0059TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a Razer Core X with an RTX2070 connected to my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0059TU. When I connect the eGPU after start up, everything works as expected. However if I try to power on my laptop with the eGPU connected via Thunderbolt, my laptop won't even go to the HP (or Omen) logo. It only works if I boot up to Startup Repair (which interestingly enough shows the Omen logo) and produce a log file saying nothing is wrong. The laptop won't even boot to safe mode. UEFI settings and F2 for system tests still work. What settings, registry, or BIOS version do I need so that it will still boot up. I had an older BIOS version that was able to boot up with the eGPU connected, but the newest one won't. Is there any way to check what BIOS version I was using previously?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bradlez 

I believe you are using Razer Core X on an HP Spectre machine and machine "thinks" it is an HP Omen Accelerator but not therefore it won't give anything.

HP may not test HP machines with Razer Core X. Please ask Razer to give you some sorts of driver/software to install to your machine to allow it to see Razer Core X hardware.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Razer Core X doesn't actually come with any kind of drivers or software to configure it or the firmware. I did have a feeling it thinks it was an Omen Accelerator, but I'm not too sure why that would prevent bootup considering the original BIOS allowed the laptop to boot up (it just straight up boot with the Omen logo to the windows startup screen). The new BIOS seems to be broken on that regard. So it's definitely possible for HP to fix this, but they would need to fix the BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.