Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy X360 15-ar001ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

HP's built-in utility offered an update. It seems there was a BIOS update. After the update, the computer does not start - a black screen, CapsLock  flashes 3 times slowly and 5 times fast.

The warranty is over. 

The battery is non-removable, so I waited for its discharge and tried to turn it on again - the same result.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@efcadu

Welcome to HP support community

Note that specific patterns of long and short blinks along with long and short beeps (where applicable) identify errors during the startup process.
Newer computers have two-part blink sequences with different color lights to indicate specific errors and hence, I request you to revert back to us with the sequence of those beeps for an accurate response, alternatively, you may click here and troubleshoot on your own, as well.

If you are certain the issue occurred after the BIOS update, the corruption can be reverted using the below steps:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

There is no beeps.

3 long blinks an 5 short blinks.

The instructions from HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS didnt help me (including recovery BIOS with USB flash drive).

HP Recommended

@efcadu 

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.